- Member Directory
GICAN is the professional group representing the French marine industry.The organization is supported by the French Ministry of Defence, the General Directorate for Maritime Affairs (DAM), part of the French Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and Sea and the General Secretary to the Sea.
Over 160 companies are members of GICAN. Among them are not only key prime contractors, system integrators and equipment providers but also Small and Medium Industries (SMI), involved in naval, cruise or mercantile shipbuilding and shiprepair. The group as a whole represents a 6 billion euros turnover with more than 40.000 jobs.
GICAN unites all these competences. It is responsible for their promotion in France and abroad, their strategic positioning within Europe, and the acknowledgement of the high technology which characterizes the industry. GICAN represents the naval sector in public and international bodies.
- Over 160 members
- 6 billion Euros turnover
- 40.000 jobs
Fields of activity:
- Commercial shipbuilding and repair
- Naval and naval aviation defence material,aircrafts,satellites,ships
- Systems and equipment associated
- Security and safety at sea equipments and systems
GICAN has set up a dedicated organization, including 7 Committees:
- The SME-SMI Committee
- The Equipment Providers Committee
- The Maritime Safety,Security and Environment Committee
- The Shipbuilding Committee
- The Ship Repair and Marine Services Committee
- The Renewable Marine Energies Committee
- The Defence Committee