- Annuaire des membres
- Imprimer la page
BARRACUDA: Sea control and deep strike.
NUCLEAR POWERED ATTACK SUBMARINES (SSN)
> New-generation SSN
> State-of-the-art combat system
> Long-distance deployment
> Heavy payload
The Barracuda SSN mission scope covers:
- anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare
- land attack
- intelligence gathering
- crisis management
- special operations
For the ASW role, the Barracuda offers a high silent running speed combined with
excellent manoeuvrability and discretion.
Advanced capabilities to communicate discreetly is of special benefit during crisis management missions.
Barracuda is able to launch a range of weapons and countermeasures, including fire-and-forget anti-ship and land-attack missiles and wire-guided torpedoes.
To improve overall efficiency, the Barracuda offers significantly higher at-sea availability, thanks partly to intervals of up to 10 years between major overhauls.
- Highest military value for a moderate displacement
- Efficient and silent pump-jet propeller
- Unique range and missions capabilities offered by nuclear propulsion
- Low signatures at all depths including periscope depth
- Improved availability and reduced support and maintenance requirements
- Up-to-date sonar suite including planar flank arrays
- Powerful data analysis
- Fusion and analysis of external tactical data
- Torpedoes, missiles and countermeasures
- External communications including tactical datalinks
- Non-penetrating optronic masts
- Hybrid propulsion
- Special operations systems including drydocks shelter and extended living space for passengers
- Built-in flexibility for future upgrade
- Extended time between major overhauls
Hight safety level:
The boat will incorporate the latest diving/safety and damage control technologies combined with the Shipmaster integrated Platform Management System (PMS).
The nuclear reactor will benefit from experience gained in the course of earlier nuclear programmes, including SSBNs, SSNs, and the Charles-de-Gaulle aircraft carrier.
It will also comply with the highest safety standards and regulations.
Reduced crewing, improved conditions:
- Fully-integrated ship management system, including maintenance aids
- Reduced crewing thanks to highly-integrated combat and ship management system including decision-making aids
- Excellent living conditions
- MARPOL compliant
Length: 99 m
Surface displacement: 4,700 tons
Diving depth: > 350 m
Maximum speed: > 25 kts